Department of Political Science Bulletin Board
Moving forward, the Department of Political Science will have a bulletin board that will be updated once a week with new scholarships, events, and opportunities that we would love to share with students. Please bookmark this page and check it frequently so that you have access to all great opportunities shared with the department.
***If you are interested in adding your organization’s information to this bulletin, please send Alex (firstname.lastname@example.org) your organization’s website, application, deadline, and the best contact email or phone number***
Academic Counseling Units
- Central Advising Units– contact central advising about GE requirements, unit requirements, petitions, etc.
- Registrar’s term calendar— look up add/drop deadlines, Winter enrollment periods, etc.
- Career Center–virtual advising available for career planning, internship/job searches, and grad school planning.
Basic Needs, Mental Health, and Wellness
o Basic Needs encompasses everything from health to financial, housing, and food security. Their resource guide is comprehensive and updated regularly.
- Counseling and Psychological Services— now offering telehealth appointments for in-state students.
- UCLA RISE Center— now offering virtual resilience, mental health, and mindfulness events.
- UCLA Wazo Connect–working to improve mental health in the UCLA community through peer-to-peer connections.
- Center for the Advancement of Teaching remote learning resources— make the most of those Zoom sessions!
- UCLA Library Remote Resources–access materials or set up a consultation with a librarian.
- Undergraduate Writing Center–virtual appointments now available.
- Undergraduate Research Center for the Humanities and Social Sciences–learn how to get involved with research remotely.
- Center for Accessible Education–accommodations and resources for students with disabilities.
Support & Community
- UCLA Transfer Center–the hub of the transfer community.
- UCLA First-Year Experience–find support as you adjust and adapt to UCLA.
- Dashew Center for International Students–supporting the international community at UCLA.
- UCLA Students with Dependents–for parenting or caregiving students.
- LGBTQ Resource Center–now offering a queer-antine connections series.
- UCLA Undocumented Students Program–also serving students from mixed-status families.
· Office of Student Organizations, Leadership, & Engagement–search their database of >1000 student organizations at UCLA.